February 26, 2019
how to avoid capital gains tax on a business sale

How We Avoided Capital Gains Tax on a Business Sale

Did you know that you could sell a business or a highly appreciated asset and not pay a dime in taxes? I know what you are thinking. Yes, it does sound too good to be true. However, this is not one of those cases. It is absolutely possible with a Charitable Remainder Trust. Though it is not for everyone, it can be a great method if you looking for ways to avoid capital gains tax on a business sale.
January 22, 2019
Tax Tip Tuesday Financial Blog Post

Paid Family and Medical Leave Law Offers Tax Credits for Employers

Tax reform legislation enacted in December 2017 offers a new tax credit for employers who provide paid family and medical leave. Here are several facts about how this credit works and which employers are eligible to claim it:
January 2, 2019
Tax Tip Tuesday Financial Blog Post

Tax Benefits By Using Qualified Opportunity Zones

A couple of weeks ago in my 18 Last Minute Tax Tips for 2018, I mentioned utilizing a new tactic called Qualified Opportunity Zones (QOZ). Investing in one of these zones is meant to help create jobs and spur economic development in distressed communities while providing a tax benefit to you. Making this investment may allow you to defer paying capital gains taxes if your investment meets certain criteria.
December 27, 2018
Tax Tip Tuesday Financial Blog Post

Protect Your Accounts from Cybercriminal Activity with Smarter Passwords

As we head into the New Year, it may be time to give you online accounts a new password. The IRS urges everyone to review passwords and incorporate stronger standards to protect your accounts. In doing so you can help combat the impact cybercriminals have on the world wide web, as strong passwords help protect accounts from cybercriminal activity. Building a better password is as easy as one, two, three.
December 18, 2018
Tax Tip Tuesday Financial Blog Post

Protecting Employees from W-2 Identity Theft

As a small business owner, protecting your employees’ information is always important. However, with an ever-increasing wave of identity theft sweeping the country, the IRS wants you to beware of W-2 scams. 
November 20, 2018
Tax Tip Tuesday Financial Blog Post

S-Corp Tax Changes Could Mean a Reconsideration… to C-Corp

If you are a business owner with an S-Corp designation, you may want to consider changing to a C-Corporation designation thanks to the Tax Cuts and Job Act. These changes could mean more money in your pocket thanks to the new 21% flat tax rate on C-Corporations.